Friday, February 20, 2009

ok ok ok


after numerous requests from others and a little harassment and the fact that all three of my sister in laws are blogging, i've decided to get with it. feeling very sick this pregnancy has kept me with a complete loss of motivation to do ANYTHING. and i mean anything. you should see my house.
but the sun is on the rise and i'm beginning to sense a new day so i'll do my best to catch you up.
so far, i'm 15 weeks along. feeling a little better FINALLY. can't seem to rid myself of the headaches and nausea after i eat, but all in all, doing better. and besides...the sun is shining. that's all i needed. one more day of inversion and i was gonna throw myself in front of a train. no good at all.
my hubby and i had our 6th anniversary. with a serious shortage of funds, we made the best of the night. dinner at mai tai and a movie. it was great to be out with no child...time to talk and enjoy each other. a two year old and long work hours makes it hard to find alot of those moments.
i spent 5 days in texas with my mom visiting family. the sun was warm and i was so thankful for that. unfortunately, i felt completely awful the whole time, totally exhausted, and not to mention my son was bored out of his mind, so he was acting up alot. we did get to a dinosaur park and a cowgirl museum that i really enjoyed. but it was good to get home too.
i spent a wonderful evening out with all my best friends that was the refreshment my soul needed.
for valentine's day...my stud husband surprised me with rascal flatts ticks and the best part of it all is that my son is staying the night at his tatti and papa's house so we can stay out late and sleep in the next day. i honestly don't remember the last time that happened. i'm thinking a year ago at least. but it may be before i had ry!
i got to sing at the married life live event. i was sooo excited to do it. i don't ever have any chances to sing country which is my favorite genre. it was so much fun and the band were such sports to put the whole thing together in 3 weeks time. i've also been asked to sing alicia key's song, "if i ain't got you" for a wedding. isn't that a great song choice? should be fun.
the next fews weeks will hold 5 birthday parties, a praise team party, a concert, 2 weddings, a baby shower for a good friend, and ummmm, ok, i think that's it. i'm looking forward to it all. especially since i'm feeling much better. i'm ready to do some partying.
anyway. that's my life in a nut shell. ry and i are getting along so much better now that i'm feeling better and that is the biggest blessing of them all. i was ready to throw in the towel a couple weeks ago, but now we are good terms again. it's really only cause i'm feeling better and feel capable to take care of him again.
can't wait to read up on all of your blogs. i've been doing my best to catch up.

4 comments:

Alaskagirl said...

Thanks for the update! Glad that you are feeling better and I am so excited for you. I need to catch-up on my blog now that we have internet at our house. I miss seeing you all!

Alisha Beverly said...

Well holy cow! She lives again! I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a little better. I hope the rest of the pregnancy is a breeze. And we really need to hang out all five of us again. It's been so long. We need to catch up! Love you!

Jen said...

it's about time. good thing i already know what's going on in your life. can't wait till wednesday!!!!

Rosemarie said...

Hi, Steph!
When is your baby due? Michelle's is due July 23 and yours must be close to that. She's had a terrible time too--for the first 16 weeks she threw up at least once a day, sometimes all day long. I'm glad you're feeling better now! Take care of yourself and that precious baby!

We need to have a Smith family reunion next year with all these new babies!

Love,
Rosemarie