Monday, November 24, 2008


the lights are up and just in time. we like to get our's up by the middle of november. we're a few days off, but not too bad. as i said earlier, i've had my decor up since about two weeks ago. you may think it's a little much but you have no idea. we hold back. if my hubby had it his way, just one christmas, he'd love to deck out the house like the grizwalds! so we opt for getting everything up early. i like to enjoy it all as long as possible. there's soooo much crammed into one little month that i feel the need to get as many "to do's" out of the way as possible before the first of dec.
this last weekend was my bday and it was wonderful. thanks to many wonderful friends and family, the celebration lasted three days! i'm a firm believer that you should get as many days of celebration as you possibly can. BUT, the real reason it gets extended so long is cause it's hard for us to get both families together being that they are so large. we do it, every once in a while, but not too often. i wouldn't mind if i had a better set up at home. in fact, i'd love to have them both over every week! don't freak family. not gonna do it. not at least until i get a better facilitating house :O) so friday, a dear friend took me to lunch. then i spent the afternoon with my mom and aunt just visiting. that night rich took me to a wonderful dinner where i feasted on crab legs! thanks again honey. you are the very best!!! afterwards we walked down to a wonderful candy shop and bought some really fun stocking stuffers for the boy.
on saturday my mom and aunt and cousin took me to lunch, then we went shopping for 2 hours at tjmaxx! ah, heaven! that evening we went to my parents for my mom's famous shnitzel birthday dinner! mmmm. it was so delicious. words can not express. after dinner the rest of the family came over for dessert.
sunday after church, rich's side of the fam came over for a bbq and dessert.
all in all. perfect! i couldn't ask for a better birthday. just being with my family was enough gift for me! i adore my family, kin and extended. they are amazing, fun, entertaining, god loving people and i admire each of them soooo much!
there's one more dinner party that my girlfriends I always have to celebrate mine and another's bdays, but that will be this week. then it will FINALLY end :O)
lastly, i want to say that due to some unwanted germs, i spent weds-sunday fighting a cold. with lots of sleep, double jus shots, and airborne, i thought i'd kicked it. to my wondeful surprise, it still made it's way to my chest and as of last night, i have no voice.
.....now before you all start cheering, you may want to hold your applause! i'm feeling much better today and although i can not speak yet, i'm sensing the light at the end of the tunnel. so don't get your hopes up. besides, i always have the internet to let my voice be heard! :O)
needless to say, don't bother calling me in the next day or so. try email.
so thanks to all you sweet folks who wished me a happy birthday! it certainly was!

2 comments:

Erin Boyle said...

Cute post! So glad that you had a Happy Birthday!
Erin

Alisha Beverly said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday! Sounded like a blast!