Tuesday, March 17, 2009

so what's new with me?

sometimes i feel like the answer to this question is "well, not much at all. actually, the same as always." but that just isn't true. such as, in the last week, i've made mini peach pies, pumpkin muffins, and pumpkin bread. i normally love to bake (and most of it goes to work with my hubby) but ever since i got pregnant, the last thing i've wanted is to smell baked goods. i can't say my appetite has necessarily come back for them as strongly as before (a good thing), but they do taste better than they were.
my stomach has also changed tremendously. it is now evident i'm pregnant and not just getting fat. i'm also feeling the little bugger move around alot, mostly in the early evenings. this thursday we will find out if it's a he or she making all that noise :O). we are excited to know and to start preparing.
i've got a # of large tasks ahead of me in the next 4 1/2 months, between potty training, big boy bed training, cleaning out and moving the office to make room for ry's new big boy room, and any other preperations that need to happen between now and baby being born.
i'm constantly trying to adjust to the idea of having two munchkins. i can't say i'm embracing it yet, but i know that will come.
then there's my son. if nothing else, every day it seems he's doing something new. for instance. i've realized that he has an inate need to be right all the time. HE'S TWO! (i wonder where he gets that?) i'm not exagerating. for example, this morning he came up to me and saw my mug and said hot tea! i said no, this is hot coffee. he said, "no it's not. it's hot tea." i looked at him puzzled. i said, no, it's coffee. from there we went back & forth till it dawned on me that he was arguing with me. hmmmmm. so, i began to try and explain that what he's doing is arguing and i won't tolerate it. it was interesting to say the least. next thing i know he's no longer saying it, just shaking his head back and forth as if to silently say "nope." yeah, i have a little battle ahead of me on this one. he's started doing it lately, i guess ever since he started to understand how to say "no it's not."
he also reacts to every emotion he sees. if someone is sad on a show, he'll turn to me and say, "oh....sad!" or in his books he'll look at the expression, sad, happy, mad, scared, and say to me the emotion as he immitates it on his own face. adorable!
another funny trait he has is the need to immitate/act out things he sees. he can't just tell you about it, he's got to act it out too. that is soooo me!
he has so many other funny, entertaining things he does, but i won't share all those. all i know is that when i really think about it, there are many things new in my life. new, exciting, interesting things. they just happen to mostly be centered around ry. he's a dear, sweet, funny, loving, stubborn, boy who knows exactly what he wants and he always figures out a way to get it. i love the reasoning going on in his head! and i love him.
you are my "new" little boy. i love watching you change everyday!

3 comments:

Erin Boyle said...

Stephie,
So glad to hear that you are doing well! I'm sorry it has been so long since we have chatted. I feel like I've fallen off the face of the earth for the last six weeks! Tyler had many medical scares since we've been back from our cruise, and I am just now getting my life back in order! You sound like you are happy and busy! I can't believe only 41/2 months left...WOW! I've thought of you often!
Love,
Erin

Philip and Melissa said...

i didn't get a chance to talk to you on the big night o' the stars but I'm dying to know what you're having???

Nicole said...

so...what are you having???